This section describes reporting of accidents or incidents where a non-employee was seriously injured or personal property was damaged. This does not include an accident involving damage to a University automobile or rental, University-owned property damage, or an employee sustaining a work-related injury. These are addressed under separate reporting sections.
For serious bodily injury or property damage incidents involving any non-employee of the University that occurs on University property:
- Report immediately to the Campus Police at 412-624-2121 and insure appropriate medical care.
- Advise Facilities Management and Environmental Health & Safety immediately of any unsafe conditions or damaged/broken equipment.
- Complete the EH&S Accident/Incident Report Form and email to the Department of Environmental Health & Safety through their web site and the Office of Risk Management with photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preserve any physical evidence.
- Take photos, whenever possible, to preserve information.
- If applicable, follow EH&S Student Injury Response Guidelines.
Do not offer to pay individual(s) for any reason, including medical co-pays. This decision must be made through Risk Management and/or claim adjusting personnel. The Department contact will be included in the investigation and subsequent status updates as appropriate.